The mobility section of the website has been expanded with 2 new pages.
Advice and Information for the Disabled
This page is a resource for organisations that assist disabled people and provides their contact details and website links.
Examples of the organisations listed are:
- Community Transport Association (CTA)
- Disabled Living Foundation
- The Mobility Trust
Advice on Benefits for the Disabled
On this page we list some of the benefits available for disabled people with mobility issues. These include:
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Disablement Benefit
- War Disablement Pension
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Carers’ Allowance
- Home and housing
- VAT on mobility aids and equipment
More information will be added in the future as the website expands further.
The latest section to be added to the website is about Mobility Advice.
This is a work in progress but the first two new pages have now been completed and are online.
These are detailed below:
1. The Motability Scheme
This page covers the main questions asked when people are looking for advice about motability and is broken down into 5 sections:
- Motability Eligibility Criteria
- How the Motability Scheme Works
- Motability Offers You a Better Deal
- A Choice of Options
- Car Adaptations
The great thing about the scheme is that it gives you access to worry-free motoring without the financial and practical hassles of owning a car.
2. Homecare Advice for the Disabled
Details of home care for the disabled broken down into the following sections:
- Homecare Advice
- What services does a Homecare Agency offer?
- What happens after you receive an assessment?
- Finding The Right Homecare Agency
Homecare is often the first choice for people who need help to lead an independent life because the level of care provided is flexible and can enable you to stay in the comfort and security of your own home.
More pages for the Mobility Section of the website will be added soon.