We have started by adding more information to the sight section with our page Sight and Eye Care.
This deals with Common Eyesight Problems, Sight Tests and why they matter, Opticians, NHS Sight Tests, Getting Glasses on the NHS and Replacing Glasses on the NHS.
More Sight Information
We will soon be adding more information around the following topics:
- Serious Eye Problems
- Importance of a healthy lifestyle
- Registering as sight impaired/blind
- Independent living for the visually impaired
- Blue Badge parking scheme
- Eye care for children
- Eye care for the over 40s
- Sight tests for children
- Laser eye surgery
Included within this topic will be more information relating to hearing which includes:
- Common hearing and ear problems
- Accumulation of ear wax
- Working in noisy environments
- Hearing assessments
- Independent living for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Communication aids
- Hearing therapies
- Hearing problems in babies and children
- Glue Ear
This will be coming soon in the next couple of weeks and further links will be added to the blog as pages are added.
Update – Extra Pages
There are now two more pages added to the sight guide information:
The next update will be for the hearing section of the guide.