Pregnancy comes hand in hand with a whole range of emotions, thoughts and feelings, both positive and negative and whilst it is normal for many parents-to-be to experience concerns about pregnancy and parenthood, it is also important to enjoy this life-changing time.
We realise the importance of having information to hand that is explained as simply as possible to help assist with all the challenges pregnancy and parenthood can bring.
Impact on life are able to offer you this information to help give your child the best possible start in life.
By selecting your local area to the right of this page you will be able to download our helpful and informative Pregnancy and Parenthood guide. The guide is currently used by GP Practices across the UK to help parents and parents-to-be, deal with the stresses and joys of birth and raising a child.
As well as being able to download the publication you will also find details of local services that will be able to offer you support and advice and to help you enjoy the experience of pregnancy and parenthood, such as:
* Baby Product Stores – Which offer a wide range of essential items to ensure baby is as comfortable as possible and as safe as can be in the home and on the road.
* Maternity Wear- Comfortable and stylish clothing to help you look great during your pregnancy.
* Activities- Fun activities for your baby/child to keep them active and developing such as, Baby massage, Signing, swimming, Activity Centres etc.
* 3d/4d Ultrasound Scan- Not uncommon to the scan provided at the hospital only captured in 4D, images of your baby can be stored to CD for you to remember forever.
* Photographers- Specialising in baby bump and early baby photo’s, which capture the unique image of mother and bump and those precious moments of you and your child’s first weeks of life together.
* Day Nurseries- Professional, Quality Care to help your child get off to a bright start in life.
* Yoga- To help ease the aches and pains of pregnancy in a fun and social environment.
* Osteopaths- Pregnancy puts an enormous strain on a woman’s body, osteopaths are specialists in relieving the discomforts often experienced whilst pregnant.
In addition your local council / healthcare trust will be able to provide assistance with important issues such as:
* Stop Smoking Support- help to quit smoking to protect you and your baby’s health.
* Road Safety- providing information on the correct car seats and how to keep you and your child safe during and after pregnancy whilst driving.
* Waste Management- Information on reusable cotton nappies to help protect the environment.
* Childrens Information Services- information on your care options throughout the area including nurseries, early education, childminders, playgroups etc..
Employment, Finances & Benefits
Health & Lifestyle
Illness, First Aid & Immunisations